Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Colourful Cushions

Thanks to being featured in 25 Beautiful Homes magazine this month, it prompted me to write a little post and share a few stunning images of my obsession with cushions.

I feel that a home can never have enough cushions, just like a girl can never have enough shoes...

My overall design approach and style is pretty minimalist, simple and practical with base colour usually featuring white or light grey tones. 
I find white and grey hues calming, timeless and elegant, rather than cold, uninviting or boring.
These tend to be very versatile backdrops when concentrating on sourcing furniture, accessories, art and objects.

My forte lies in dressing and styling rooms. I love the creative process of searching for that little something that manages to catch the eye and bring the deco together or getting that precious shot just right.

I hope you like flicking through the interiors and shots that I have created on various projects.


Image by Colin Poole for 25 Beautiful Homes, June 2015
The Door To Design


 
Image by Katja/ The Door To Design


Image by Colin Poole
The Door To Design


Image by Katja/ The Door To Design

Image by Katja/ The Door To Design

 
Image by Katja/The Door To Design


Image by Colin Poole

Image by Katja/ The Door To Design

Image by Katja/ The Door To Design

Image by Katja/ The Door To Design
Decorex 2014, Ikat cushions by Nicky Heard

And not forgetting that gorgeous shoes can also be part of your scheme rather than left hiding in their boxes.
Here I have styled a few of my favourite heels with my Rockstar Whisky Bar.
Image by Katja/ The Door To Design

Many thanks to 25 Beautiful Homes, Colin Poole and Beverley Byrne for a fantastic feature, June 2015.
Image by Katja/The Door To Design

Kx

No comments:

Post a Comment